Aug 8, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
David Freese has been cleared to return to game action after being hit on the helmet by a pitch Thursday and is expected to be back in the Cardinals’ lineup tomorrow night, according to Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
Freese suffered a mild concussion when he was beaned by a Clay Hensley pitch, but passed the necessary tests to receive the go-ahead from MLB and told Hummel that he’s “ready to go.”
He took batting practice yesterday without any post-concussion symptoms and will get today off with the rest of the team.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)