Aug 8, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
David Freese has been cleared to return to game action after being hit on the helmet by a pitch Thursday and is expected to be back in the Cardinals’ lineup tomorrow night, according to Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
Freese suffered a mild concussion when he was beaned by a Clay Hensley pitch, but passed the necessary tests to receive the go-ahead from MLB and told Hummel that he’s “ready to go.”
He took batting practice yesterday without any post-concussion symptoms and will get today off with the rest of the team.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)