Aug 8, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
The disciplinary fallout from the Phillies-Giants scuffle Friday night is pretty minor, with Shane Victorino receiving a three-game suspension and no other players from either team getting more than undisclosed fines.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Victorino will appeal his suspension, which stems from what MLB described as “aggressive actions that prolonged the bench-clearing incident between the clubs.”
Considering he made contact with an umpire and re-entered the scrum after being pulled away initially three games actually seems pretty light. Placido Polanco from the Phillies’ side and Ramon Ramirez and Eli Whiteside from the Giants’ side were fined, and at least in Ramirez’s case the lack of a suspension surprises me.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)