Aug 8, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
The disciplinary fallout from the Phillies-Giants scuffle Friday night is pretty minor, with Shane Victorino receiving a three-game suspension and no other players from either team getting more than undisclosed fines.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Victorino will appeal his suspension, which stems from what MLB described as “aggressive actions that prolonged the bench-clearing incident between the clubs.”
Considering he made contact with an umpire and re-entered the scrum after being pulled away initially three games actually seems pretty light. Placido Polanco from the Phillies’ side and Ramon Ramirez and Eli Whiteside from the Giants’ side were fined, and at least in Ramirez’s case the lack of a suspension surprises me.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)