Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
J.C. Romero has been very busy changing teams and signing contracts lately.
He was released by the Phillies on June 24, signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals on June 29, got released by Washington on July 14, inked another minor-league contract with the Yankees that same day, and has now been released by the Yankees.
Romero reportedly asked out of his contract with the Yankees, feeling he’d have a better shot of making it back to the majors in a different organization. He’s running out of other teams and running out of time in the minor-league season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 28
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)