Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
J.C. Romero has been very busy changing teams and signing contracts lately.
He was released by the Phillies on June 24, signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals on June 29, got released by Washington on July 14, inked another minor-league contract with the Yankees that same day, and has now been released by the Yankees.
Romero reportedly asked out of his contract with the Yankees, feeling he’d have a better shot of making it back to the majors in a different organization. He’s running out of other teams and running out of time in the minor-league season.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)