Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
J.C. Romero has been very busy changing teams and signing contracts lately.
He was released by the Phillies on June 24, signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals on June 29, got released by Washington on July 14, inked another minor-league contract with the Yankees that same day, and has now been released by the Yankees.
Romero reportedly asked out of his contract with the Yankees, feeling he’d have a better shot of making it back to the majors in a different organization. He’s running out of other teams and running out of time in the minor-league season.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)