Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
J.C. Romero has been very busy changing teams and signing contracts lately.
He was released by the Phillies on June 24, signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals on June 29, got released by Washington on July 14, inked another minor-league contract with the Yankees that same day, and has now been released by the Yankees.
Romero reportedly asked out of his contract with the Yankees, feeling he’d have a better shot of making it back to the majors in a different organization. He’s running out of other teams and running out of time in the minor-league season.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (219)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)