Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
J.C. Romero has been very busy changing teams and signing contracts lately.
He was released by the Phillies on June 24, signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals on June 29, got released by Washington on July 14, inked another minor-league contract with the Yankees that same day, and has now been released by the Yankees.
Romero reportedly asked out of his contract with the Yankees, feeling he’d have a better shot of making it back to the majors in a different organization. He’s running out of other teams and running out of time in the minor-league season.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)