Aug 9, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
It was an odd decision given that Hughes had turned in back-to-back strong starts, including six shutout innings his last time out, and said he’d be fine to pitch following the brief relief outing.
At least his break from the rotation will be a brief one, as Girardi announced today that Hughes will make his next start Saturday against the Rays.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27