Aug 9, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
Acta ruled out a return for Sizemore during the month of August, though he did say Sizemore could resume playing catch and swinging a bat by the end of the week. There’s no guarantee that Sizemore, also plagued by knee problems, will return this season.
Sizemore hit .237/.304/.466 with 10 homers and 29 RBI in 232 at-bats before going down last month.
In better news for the Indians, Shin-Soo Choo began his rehab assignment as planned Monday, going 0-for-2 with a strikeout for low Single-A Lake County. Choo, coming back from a fractured left thumb, will DH for Lake County tonight and then get Wednesday off. He could rejoin the Indians in 7-10 days.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)