Aug 9, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Acta ruled out a return for Sizemore during the month of August, though he did say Sizemore could resume playing catch and swinging a bat by the end of the week. There’s no guarantee that Sizemore, also plagued by knee problems, will return this season.
Sizemore hit .237/.304/.466 with 10 homers and 29 RBI in 232 at-bats before going down last month.
In better news for the Indians, Shin-Soo Choo began his rehab assignment as planned Monday, going 0-for-2 with a strikeout for low Single-A Lake County. Choo, coming back from a fractured left thumb, will DH for Lake County tonight and then get Wednesday off. He could rejoin the Indians in 7-10 days.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)