Aug 9, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
Acta ruled out a return for Sizemore during the month of August, though he did say Sizemore could resume playing catch and swinging a bat by the end of the week. There’s no guarantee that Sizemore, also plagued by knee problems, will return this season.
Sizemore hit .237/.304/.466 with 10 homers and 29 RBI in 232 at-bats before going down last month.
In better news for the Indians, Shin-Soo Choo began his rehab assignment as planned Monday, going 0-for-2 with a strikeout for low Single-A Lake County. Choo, coming back from a fractured left thumb, will DH for Lake County tonight and then get Wednesday off. He could rejoin the Indians in 7-10 days.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (306)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)