Aug 9, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
Lenny Dykstra was back in court yesterday, wearing an orange jump suit and handcuffs at his arraignment hearing in California.
Dykstra is charged with 25 counts including grand theft auto, attempted grand theft auto, filing false financial statements, and possessing a controlled substance.
Dan Whitcomb of Reuters reports that he faces up to 12 years in prison for allegedly running a “scheme to lease high-end automobiles from dealerships using fraudulent information and claiming credit through a phony business.”
The “controlled substance” part comes from the cocaine, ecstasy, and synthetic growth hormone found when police searched Dykstra’s home as part of the initial investigation. And he was already facing up to 80 years in prison stemming from a May indictment accusing Dykstra “of stealing or destroying some $400,000 in property that was part of his bankruptcy case.”
In other words, orange might be Nails’ color for a while.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)