Aug 9, 2011, 2:02 PM EST
Lenny Dykstra was back in court yesterday, wearing an orange jump suit and handcuffs at his arraignment hearing in California.
Dykstra is charged with 25 counts including grand theft auto, attempted grand theft auto, filing false financial statements, and possessing a controlled substance.
Dan Whitcomb of Reuters reports that he faces up to 12 years in prison for allegedly running a “scheme to lease high-end automobiles from dealerships using fraudulent information and claiming credit through a phony business.”
The “controlled substance” part comes from the cocaine, ecstasy, and synthetic growth hormone found when police searched Dykstra’s home as part of the initial investigation. And he was already facing up to 80 years in prison stemming from a May indictment accusing Dykstra “of stealing or destroying some $400,000 in property that was part of his bankruptcy case.”
In other words, orange might be Nails’ color for a while.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)