Aug 9, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
Lenny Dykstra was back in court yesterday, wearing an orange jump suit and handcuffs at his arraignment hearing in California.
Dykstra is charged with 25 counts including grand theft auto, attempted grand theft auto, filing false financial statements, and possessing a controlled substance.
Dan Whitcomb of Reuters reports that he faces up to 12 years in prison for allegedly running a “scheme to lease high-end automobiles from dealerships using fraudulent information and claiming credit through a phony business.”
The “controlled substance” part comes from the cocaine, ecstasy, and synthetic growth hormone found when police searched Dykstra’s home as part of the initial investigation. And he was already facing up to 80 years in prison stemming from a May indictment accusing Dykstra “of stealing or destroying some $400,000 in property that was part of his bankruptcy case.”
In other words, orange might be Nails’ color for a while.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 40
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 14
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 70
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger