Aug 9, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
According to a series of tweets from the MLB Public Relations department Tuesday:
- Friday night’s Yankees-Red Sox game on MLB Network was its highest rated game of the year and second highest ever behind Stephen Strasburg‘s debut in 2010.
- Saturday’s Yankees-Red Sox game on FOX was the most watched non-prime time MLB broadcast for the network in over three years and averaged 4.1 million viewers.
- Sunday night’s Yankees-Red Sox game was ESPN’s most watched regular-season game in over four years, averaging 4.72 million viewers.
So, the rivalry is alive and well, apparently, even if it looks like both teams are going to cruise into the playoffs this year. The Red Sox won the second and third games of the series and are now 10-2 against the Bombers this season. They’re 71-43 overall, giving them the best record in the AL. The Yankees, a mere 1 1/2 games behind in the AL East at 69-44, have a seven-game lead over the Angels in the wild card.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 32
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (85)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon