Aug 9, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his second rehab start Friday and is slated to throw three innings for Single-A Potomac.
It’s actually a bit of a surprise that the Nationals are missing a second opportunity to cash in here. Potomac’s Pfitzner Stadium already figured to be packed Friday as the result of the highly anticipated Ian Desmond bobblehead giveaway.
Strasburg gave up one run and struck out four in 1 2/3 innings for low Single-A Hagerstown in his first rehab start Sunday. He threw 31 pitches in that one. He’ll be on a limit of 50 pitches in Friday’s game.
The plan is for Strasburg to join the Nationals in early September. He’s expected to take the rotation spot of Jordan Zimmermann, who is being shut down because of innings-limit prescribed by the team.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)