Aug 9, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his second rehab start Friday and is slated to throw three innings for Single-A Potomac.
It’s actually a bit of a surprise that the Nationals are missing a second opportunity to cash in here. Potomac’s Pfitzner Stadium already figured to be packed Friday as the result of the highly anticipated Ian Desmond bobblehead giveaway.
Strasburg gave up one run and struck out four in 1 2/3 innings for low Single-A Hagerstown in his first rehab start Sunday. He threw 31 pitches in that one. He’ll be on a limit of 50 pitches in Friday’s game.
The plan is for Strasburg to join the Nationals in early September. He’s expected to take the rotation spot of Jordan Zimmermann, who is being shut down because of innings-limit prescribed by the team.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)