Aug 9, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his second rehab start Friday and is slated to throw three innings for Single-A Potomac.
It’s actually a bit of a surprise that the Nationals are missing a second opportunity to cash in here. Potomac’s Pfitzner Stadium already figured to be packed Friday as the result of the highly anticipated Ian Desmond bobblehead giveaway.
Strasburg gave up one run and struck out four in 1 2/3 innings for low Single-A Hagerstown in his first rehab start Sunday. He threw 31 pitches in that one. He’ll be on a limit of 50 pitches in Friday’s game.
The plan is for Strasburg to join the Nationals in early September. He’s expected to take the rotation spot of Jordan Zimmermann, who is being shut down because of innings-limit prescribed by the team.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)