Aug 9, 2011, 8:16 AM EST
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez and pitching coach Roger McDowell plan to talk with Hanson to determine whether he needs to be skipped in the rotation or have his scheduled Friday start pushed back.
Hanson gave up a season-high seven runs over 3 1/3 innings in Saturday’s loss to the Mets and has an 8.10 ERA over his first five starts since the All-Star break. While he has struck out 33 batters over 26 2/3 innings during the same timespan, he has shown diminished velocity in recent starts. Hanson declined to discuss whether he was having any issues with his shoulder following Saturday’s outing, but he previously went on the disabled list in June with right rotator cuff tendinitis.
The Braves have a scheduled off-day on Thursday, so they could skip Hanson and use rookie left-hander Mike Minor on regular rest Friday against the Cubs.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 119
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)