Aug 9, 2011, 8:16 AM EDT
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez and pitching coach Roger McDowell plan to talk with Hanson to determine whether he needs to be skipped in the rotation or have his scheduled Friday start pushed back.
Hanson gave up a season-high seven runs over 3 1/3 innings in Saturday’s loss to the Mets and has an 8.10 ERA over his first five starts since the All-Star break. While he has struck out 33 batters over 26 2/3 innings during the same timespan, he has shown diminished velocity in recent starts. Hanson declined to discuss whether he was having any issues with his shoulder following Saturday’s outing, but he previously went on the disabled list in June with right rotator cuff tendinitis.
The Braves have a scheduled off-day on Thursday, so they could skip Hanson and use rookie left-hander Mike Minor on regular rest Friday against the Cubs.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)