Aug 10, 2011, 11:21 AM EST
Adrian Beltre was initially very optimistic about the recovery timetable for his hamstring injury, noting that he’s “a quick healer.”
Unfortunately he suffered a setback while testing the injury running the bases over the weekend and that will force him “to start over again” with his recovery, according to manager Ron Washington.
Washington told Louie Horvath of MLB.com that Beltre won’t be cleared to do any baseball activities for at least 3-4 more days and will have to “go back to strengthening exercises and doing his stuff on the treadmill” before the Rangers let him “ramp that up again.”
In other words, he won’t be anywhere close to ready to come off the disabled list when eligible Sunday and is no sure thing to return before September.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)