Aug 10, 2011, 11:21 AM EST
Adrian Beltre was initially very optimistic about the recovery timetable for his hamstring injury, noting that he’s “a quick healer.”
Unfortunately he suffered a setback while testing the injury running the bases over the weekend and that will force him “to start over again” with his recovery, according to manager Ron Washington.
Washington told Louie Horvath of MLB.com that Beltre won’t be cleared to do any baseball activities for at least 3-4 more days and will have to “go back to strengthening exercises and doing his stuff on the treadmill” before the Rangers let him “ramp that up again.”
In other words, he won’t be anywhere close to ready to come off the disabled list when eligible Sunday and is no sure thing to return before September.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)