Aug 10, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Adrian Beltre was initially very optimistic about the recovery timetable for his hamstring injury, noting that he’s “a quick healer.”
Unfortunately he suffered a setback while testing the injury running the bases over the weekend and that will force him “to start over again” with his recovery, according to manager Ron Washington.
Washington told Louie Horvath of MLB.com that Beltre won’t be cleared to do any baseball activities for at least 3-4 more days and will have to “go back to strengthening exercises and doing his stuff on the treadmill” before the Rangers let him “ramp that up again.”
In other words, he won’t be anywhere close to ready to come off the disabled list when eligible Sunday and is no sure thing to return before September.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)