Aug 10, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
22-year-old Steven Charles Vaughn, who was already in the Charlotte County Jail on unrelated charges, was arrested and charged with armed burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
None of the stolen property, which included an AK-47 assault rifle belonging to Longoria, was recovered.
“None of the stuff was returned,” Longoria said. “But closure is closure, and we’re happy about that.”
Jewelry, a 60-inch television and three iPads were also taken in the burglary. Several additional arrests are expected in the case.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)