Aug 10, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
22-year-old Steven Charles Vaughn, who was already in the Charlotte County Jail on unrelated charges, was arrested and charged with armed burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
None of the stolen property, which included an AK-47 assault rifle belonging to Longoria, was recovered.
“None of the stuff was returned,” Longoria said. “But closure is closure, and we’re happy about that.”
Jewelry, a 60-inch television and three iPads were also taken in the burglary. Several additional arrests are expected in the case.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 41
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)