Aug 10, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
22-year-old Steven Charles Vaughn, who was already in the Charlotte County Jail on unrelated charges, was arrested and charged with armed burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
None of the stolen property, which included an AK-47 assault rifle belonging to Longoria, was recovered.
“None of the stuff was returned,” Longoria said. “But closure is closure, and we’re happy about that.”
Jewelry, a 60-inch television and three iPads were also taken in the burglary. Several additional arrests are expected in the case.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 73
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)