Aug 10, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
22-year-old Steven Charles Vaughn, who was already in the Charlotte County Jail on unrelated charges, was arrested and charged with armed burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
None of the stolen property, which included an AK-47 assault rifle belonging to Longoria, was recovered.
“None of the stuff was returned,” Longoria said. “But closure is closure, and we’re happy about that.”
Jewelry, a 60-inch television and three iPads were also taken in the burglary. Several additional arrests are expected in the case.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)