Aug 10, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
22-year-old Steven Charles Vaughn, who was already in the Charlotte County Jail on unrelated charges, was arrested and charged with armed burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
None of the stolen property, which included an AK-47 assault rifle belonging to Longoria, was recovered.
“None of the stuff was returned,” Longoria said. “But closure is closure, and we’re happy about that.”
Jewelry, a 60-inch television and three iPads were also taken in the burglary. Several additional arrests are expected in the case.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)