Aug 10, 2011, 10:35 PM EST
“I hate pitching there. There’s no fans there. It’s too bad, because the fans that are there are adamant, they’re really stoked on the team, they wave flags and play drums. And that’s cool. But there are 6,000 people there and it’s kinda sad because it’s a major league team and there are guys who are pretty good players.”
Wilson also noted that he doesn’t like pitching in cold weather, and the Bay Area is notorious for cooling off when the sun goes down. Texas, meanwhile, is on its 39th straight day of 100-plus degree weather.
The A’s have been trying to build a new stadium for years and would obviously prefer to showcase a better on-field product, but neither goals are currently looking promising. So the jabs from opponents will continue.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)