Aug 10, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Giving up a prospect as good as Zack Wheeler for Carlos Beltran was costly enough for the Giants when they thought they’d have him for 60 games, but a wrist injury has him out of the lineup today for the third straight game.
Beltran hit just .244 with a .616 OPS in 11 games for the Giants before spraining his right wrist Sunday afternoon. Nate Schierholtz, who had been subbing for Beltran, is also banged up, so today’s outfield is Aaron Rowand, Andres Torres, and Cody Ross.
San Francisco has tomorrow off, so the Giants are hoping he’ll be healthy enough to rejoin the lineup Friday against the Marlins. And if not, a disabled list stint might be required.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 61
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)