Aug 10, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Giving up a prospect as good as Zack Wheeler for Carlos Beltran was costly enough for the Giants when they thought they’d have him for 60 games, but a wrist injury has him out of the lineup today for the third straight game.
Beltran hit just .244 with a .616 OPS in 11 games for the Giants before spraining his right wrist Sunday afternoon. Nate Schierholtz, who had been subbing for Beltran, is also banged up, so today’s outfield is Aaron Rowand, Andres Torres, and Cody Ross.
San Francisco has tomorrow off, so the Giants are hoping he’ll be healthy enough to rejoin the lineup Friday against the Marlins. And if not, a disabled list stint might be required.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)