Aug 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Brewers left-hander Chris Narveson will miss at least one start after slicing his hand open and needing eight stitches last night in what he described as “the freakiest thing.”
Narveson grabbed a pair of scissors and was altering the laces on his glove when he cut the tip of his left thumb, telling Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
I was just fixing my glove. I guess the screw on the end of the thing between the scissors was sticking through the bolt a little bit, I had my thumb up there and ran it across. Next thing, I look down and I’ve got a gash in my thumb. The doctor was here and he was able to come up and stitch it up right away, so we got it taken care of. Now, it’s how fast can you heal?
Narveson has been a solid mid-rotation starter for the Brewers, tossing 132 innings with a 4.49 ERA and 109/49 K/BB ratio, but his next scheduled outing Friday against the Pirates has already been ruled out and it’s possible he may wind up on the disabled list.
And you can be sure he’ll never try to mess with his glove again.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 316
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (315)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)