Aug 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Brewers left-hander Chris Narveson will miss at least one start after slicing his hand open and needing eight stitches last night in what he described as “the freakiest thing.”
Narveson grabbed a pair of scissors and was altering the laces on his glove when he cut the tip of his left thumb, telling Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
I was just fixing my glove. I guess the screw on the end of the thing between the scissors was sticking through the bolt a little bit, I had my thumb up there and ran it across. Next thing, I look down and I’ve got a gash in my thumb. The doctor was here and he was able to come up and stitch it up right away, so we got it taken care of. Now, it’s how fast can you heal?
Narveson has been a solid mid-rotation starter for the Brewers, tossing 132 innings with a 4.49 ERA and 109/49 K/BB ratio, but his next scheduled outing Friday against the Pirates has already been ruled out and it’s possible he may wind up on the disabled list.
And you can be sure he’ll never try to mess with his glove again.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 103
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (103)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1