Aug 10, 2011, 2:22 AM EST
OK maybe not, but the Seattle Mariners have brought back Felix Hernandez’s alter-ego in a new commercial promoting – what else? – Larry Bernandez bobblehead night.
The first commercial was amusing enough (if you haven’t seen it, watch here), but Hernandez really shows off his talents in this one, clearly having broadened his acting skills since spring training. He now plays himself and Larry in the same scene, making him practically a poor man’s Martin Lawrence, right? He’s already got a Cy Young award in his trophy case, could an Oscar be far behind?
One thing is for certain: cloning Felix Hernandez might be the best idea the Mariners have ever had. Too bad it’s not that easy.
Check it out. It’s 30 seconds long, it’s amusing and it might even make you laugh. If you don’t at least smile, you probably stole this guy’s sense of humor.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)