Aug 10, 2011, 2:22 AM EDT
OK maybe not, but the Seattle Mariners have brought back Felix Hernandez’s alter-ego in a new commercial promoting – what else? – Larry Bernandez bobblehead night.
The first commercial was amusing enough (if you haven’t seen it, watch here), but Hernandez really shows off his talents in this one, clearly having broadened his acting skills since spring training. He now plays himself and Larry in the same scene, making him practically a poor man’s Martin Lawrence, right? He’s already got a Cy Young award in his trophy case, could an Oscar be far behind?
One thing is for certain: cloning Felix Hernandez might be the best idea the Mariners have ever had. Too bad it’s not that easy.
Check it out. It’s 30 seconds long, it’s amusing and it might even make you laugh. If you don’t at least smile, you probably stole this guy’s sense of humor.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 53
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 90
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (90)