Aug 10, 2011, 2:22 AM EDT
OK maybe not, but the Seattle Mariners have brought back Felix Hernandez’s alter-ego in a new commercial promoting – what else? – Larry Bernandez bobblehead night.
The first commercial was amusing enough (if you haven’t seen it, watch here), but Hernandez really shows off his talents in this one, clearly having broadened his acting skills since spring training. He now plays himself and Larry in the same scene, making him practically a poor man’s Martin Lawrence, right? He’s already got a Cy Young award in his trophy case, could an Oscar be far behind?
One thing is for certain: cloning Felix Hernandez might be the best idea the Mariners have ever had. Too bad it’s not that easy.
Check it out. It’s 30 seconds long, it’s amusing and it might even make you laugh. If you don’t at least smile, you probably stole this guy’s sense of humor.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)