Aug 10, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, the two men accused of brutally beating Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, were arraigned today and pleaded not guilty to criminal charges that include mayhem, assault, and battery.
They’re each being held on $500,000 bail until September 30 hearings.
Stow remains hospitalized more than four months after the attack, but his family issued a statement Monday about the encouraging progress he’s made recently by moving his arms and legs on command and responding non-verbally to family members visiting him.
He still has a long road ahead of him, but last week’s procedure to remove spinal fluid is credited with helping his recovery.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1