Aug 10, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, the two men accused of brutally beating Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, were arraigned today and pleaded not guilty to criminal charges that include mayhem, assault, and battery.
They’re each being held on $500,000 bail until September 30 hearings.
Stow remains hospitalized more than four months after the attack, but his family issued a statement Monday about the encouraging progress he’s made recently by moving his arms and legs on command and responding non-verbally to family members visiting him.
He still has a long road ahead of him, but last week’s procedure to remove spinal fluid is credited with helping his recovery.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12