Aug 10, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, the two men accused of brutally beating Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, were arraigned today and pleaded not guilty to criminal charges that include mayhem, assault, and battery.
They’re each being held on $500,000 bail until September 30 hearings.
Stow remains hospitalized more than four months after the attack, but his family issued a statement Monday about the encouraging progress he’s made recently by moving his arms and legs on command and responding non-verbally to family members visiting him.
He still has a long road ahead of him, but last week’s procedure to remove spinal fluid is credited with helping his recovery.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)