Aug 10, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, the two men accused of brutally beating Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, were arraigned today and pleaded not guilty to criminal charges that include mayhem, assault, and battery.
They’re each being held on $500,000 bail until September 30 hearings.
Stow remains hospitalized more than four months after the attack, but his family issued a statement Monday about the encouraging progress he’s made recently by moving his arms and legs on command and responding non-verbally to family members visiting him.
He still has a long road ahead of him, but last week’s procedure to remove spinal fluid is credited with helping his recovery.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)