Aug 10, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, the two men accused of brutally beating Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day, were arraigned today and pleaded not guilty to criminal charges that include mayhem, assault, and battery.
They’re each being held on $500,000 bail until September 30 hearings.
Stow remains hospitalized more than four months after the attack, but his family issued a statement Monday about the encouraging progress he’s made recently by moving his arms and legs on command and responding non-verbally to family members visiting him.
He still has a long road ahead of him, but last week’s procedure to remove spinal fluid is credited with helping his recovery.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)