Aug 10, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Brignac didn’t play particularly well in Durham, but with Sean Rodriguez struggling mightily as the Rays’ primary shortstop and Elliot Johnson no one’s idea of a quality everyday player he’ll get a chance to reclaim his old job.
Brignac earned the demotion by hitting just .193 in 68 games and has lost most of his one-time prospect shine thanks to horrible plate discipline and strike-zone control, but he was decent as a rookie last season and at age 25 there’s no reason for the Rays to give up on him yet.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 94
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 32
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)