Aug 10, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Brandon Inge is currently at Triple-A after being designated for assignment on July 20, but told the Associated Press that the Tigers have promised to call him back up to the majors once rosters expand on September 1.
To do so they’ll have to re-add him to the 40-man roster, as Inge was outrighted off the roster once he passed through waivers unclaimed following the Tigers’ trade for Wilson Betemit.
Inge hit just .177 with a .483 OPS in 70 games prior to the demotion, but he’s batting .308 with a .945 OPS through 20 games at Triple-A and will likely be in the Tigers’ plans for next season thanks to being under contract for $5.5 million.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)