Aug 10, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Brandon Inge is currently at Triple-A after being designated for assignment on July 20, but told the Associated Press that the Tigers have promised to call him back up to the majors once rosters expand on September 1.
To do so they’ll have to re-add him to the 40-man roster, as Inge was outrighted off the roster once he passed through waivers unclaimed following the Tigers’ trade for Wilson Betemit.
Inge hit just .177 with a .483 OPS in 70 games prior to the demotion, but he’s batting .308 with a .945 OPS through 20 games at Triple-A and will likely be in the Tigers’ plans for next season thanks to being under contract for $5.5 million.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)