Aug 10, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Brandon Inge is currently at Triple-A after being designated for assignment on July 20, but told the Associated Press that the Tigers have promised to call him back up to the majors once rosters expand on September 1.
To do so they’ll have to re-add him to the 40-man roster, as Inge was outrighted off the roster once he passed through waivers unclaimed following the Tigers’ trade for Wilson Betemit.
Inge hit just .177 with a .483 OPS in 70 games prior to the demotion, but he’s batting .308 with a .945 OPS through 20 games at Triple-A and will likely be in the Tigers’ plans for next season thanks to being under contract for $5.5 million.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (101)