Aug 10, 2011, 5:43 PM EST
Brandon Inge is currently at Triple-A after being designated for assignment on July 20, but told the Associated Press that the Tigers have promised to call him back up to the majors once rosters expand on September 1.
To do so they’ll have to re-add him to the 40-man roster, as Inge was outrighted off the roster once he passed through waivers unclaimed following the Tigers’ trade for Wilson Betemit.
Inge hit just .177 with a .483 OPS in 70 games prior to the demotion, but he’s batting .308 with a .945 OPS through 20 games at Triple-A and will likely be in the Tigers’ plans for next season thanks to being under contract for $5.5 million.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)