Aug 10, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Brandon Inge is currently at Triple-A after being designated for assignment on July 20, but told the Associated Press that the Tigers have promised to call him back up to the majors once rosters expand on September 1.
To do so they’ll have to re-add him to the 40-man roster, as Inge was outrighted off the roster once he passed through waivers unclaimed following the Tigers’ trade for Wilson Betemit.
Inge hit just .177 with a .483 OPS in 70 games prior to the demotion, but he’s batting .308 with a .945 OPS through 20 games at Triple-A and will likely be in the Tigers’ plans for next season thanks to being under contract for $5.5 million.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 50
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 62
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)