Aug 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
CSNChicago’s Chuck Garfien has a fun article on the White Sox and the aliases they use checking into hotels. Jake Peavy likes to dip into military history for his, while John Danks, trying to escape those looking to convert him, has opted for a cartoon character.
Unfortunately, as Adam Dunn details, the aliases can change too rapidly to become known between teammates:
“We were in Kansas City and I needed to get a hold of Edwin Jackson, and he wasn’t answering his cell phone,” Dunn explained.
So Dunn took out the team’s room list, and instead of seeing names like Jackson, Santos, and Pierzynski, it was a random collection of movie characters, musicians, TV stars and dead presidents.
“So I just started punching in numbers,” Dunn said, holding an imaginary phone to his head.
“Nope, not him. Nope, not him again.”
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)