Aug 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
CSNChicago’s Chuck Garfien has a fun article on the White Sox and the aliases they use checking into hotels. Jake Peavy likes to dip into military history for his, while John Danks, trying to escape those looking to convert him, has opted for a cartoon character.
Unfortunately, as Adam Dunn details, the aliases can change too rapidly to become known between teammates:
“We were in Kansas City and I needed to get a hold of Edwin Jackson, and he wasn’t answering his cell phone,” Dunn explained.
So Dunn took out the team’s room list, and instead of seeing names like Jackson, Santos, and Pierzynski, it was a random collection of movie characters, musicians, TV stars and dead presidents.
“So I just started punching in numbers,” Dunn said, holding an imaginary phone to his head.
“Nope, not him. Nope, not him again.”
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)