Aug 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
CSNChicago’s Chuck Garfien has a fun article on the White Sox and the aliases they use checking into hotels. Jake Peavy likes to dip into military history for his, while John Danks, trying to escape those looking to convert him, has opted for a cartoon character.
Unfortunately, as Adam Dunn details, the aliases can change too rapidly to become known between teammates:
“We were in Kansas City and I needed to get a hold of Edwin Jackson, and he wasn’t answering his cell phone,” Dunn explained.
So Dunn took out the team’s room list, and instead of seeing names like Jackson, Santos, and Pierzynski, it was a random collection of movie characters, musicians, TV stars and dead presidents.
“So I just started punching in numbers,” Dunn said, holding an imaginary phone to his head.
“Nope, not him. Nope, not him again.”
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president, Al Avila takes over 0
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 28
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 89
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)