Aug 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
CSNChicago’s Chuck Garfien has a fun article on the White Sox and the aliases they use checking into hotels. Jake Peavy likes to dip into military history for his, while John Danks, trying to escape those looking to convert him, has opted for a cartoon character.
Unfortunately, as Adam Dunn details, the aliases can change too rapidly to become known between teammates:
“We were in Kansas City and I needed to get a hold of Edwin Jackson, and he wasn’t answering his cell phone,” Dunn explained.
So Dunn took out the team’s room list, and instead of seeing names like Jackson, Santos, and Pierzynski, it was a random collection of movie characters, musicians, TV stars and dead presidents.
“So I just started punching in numbers,” Dunn said, holding an imaginary phone to his head.
“Nope, not him. Nope, not him again.”
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)