Aug 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
CSNChicago’s Chuck Garfien has a fun article on the White Sox and the aliases they use checking into hotels. Jake Peavy likes to dip into military history for his, while John Danks, trying to escape those looking to convert him, has opted for a cartoon character.
Unfortunately, as Adam Dunn details, the aliases can change too rapidly to become known between teammates:
“We were in Kansas City and I needed to get a hold of Edwin Jackson, and he wasn’t answering his cell phone,” Dunn explained.
So Dunn took out the team’s room list, and instead of seeing names like Jackson, Santos, and Pierzynski, it was a random collection of movie characters, musicians, TV stars and dead presidents.
“So I just started punching in numbers,” Dunn said, holding an imaginary phone to his head.
“Nope, not him. Nope, not him again.”
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 16
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)