Aug 11, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Nolan Reimold smacked a walk-off homer against the White Sox last night and Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes that during the Orioles’ on-field celebration Adam Jones “was in the back of the scrum barking at the visitor’s dugout.”
His target was none other than Ozzie Guillen and the center fielder explained that they have a history:
Just me and Ozzie. Him and I go back to forth. It’s part of the competition. I’m protecting myself and protecting my team. He’s protecting himself and his team. It’s part of the game.
Jones’ comments were cryptic enough that Zrebiec couldn’t figure out exactly how serious his “back to forth” with Guillen actually is, but I suppose we’ll find out tonight if Jones gets plunked by a pitch in the final Orioles-White Sox matchup of the season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)