Adam Jones calls last night’s “barking” at Ozzie Guillen “part of the competition”

Aug 11, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT

Barking-Sign

Nolan Reimold smacked a walk-off homer against the White Sox last night and Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes that during the Orioles’ on-field celebration Adam Joneswas in the back of the scrum barking at the visitor’s dugout.”

His target was none other than Ozzie Guillen and the center fielder explained that they have a history:

Just me and Ozzie. Him and I go back to forth. It’s part of the competition. I’m protecting myself and protecting my team. He’s protecting himself and his team. It’s part of the game.

Jones’ comments were cryptic enough that Zrebiec couldn’t figure out exactly how serious his “back to forth” with Guillen actually is, but I suppose we’ll find out tonight if Jones gets plunked by a pitch in the final Orioles-White Sox matchup of the season.

1. ballou0254 - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:16 PM

What protection exactly does your team need when you just hit a walk off? If anything, now you’re just begging for either you or one of your teammates to get plunked next time you play the ChiSox.

• nixonotis - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Why would they hit anyone but Adam Jones? You know, he tends to hit in the lineup quite often.

2. derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:16 PM

given how much “barking” Ozzie does himself (and dont me wrong, I love the guy) I cant imagine this is too big of a deal, but like you said we’ll have to wait til tonight to see how true that is

3. heyblueyoustink - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Barking? Does he have all his shots?

4. Chris Fiorentino - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I am surprised the whole Orioles team wasn’t barking…might as well act like dogs since they play like dogs.

• Utley's Hair - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I detect a theme in your posts over the last couple days, Chris.

• heyblueyoustink - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Onrey and mean spirited?

• Chris Fiorentino - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Woof Woof UH. This is the time of year where we find out which teams are dogs and which teams have any pride left. There’s only about 12 teams who have a legitimate shot at the playoffs right now and the rest can play spoilers if they want…or they can lay down like dogs.

Heyblue… just keeping it real :P

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM

funny how after I called him out and posted what he sent me yesterday he tried to turn into good guy for about 5 minutes. glad to see nothings changed Chris. taking cheap shots at the Orioles is too easy, if youre gonna do it at least use Buck as a lightening rod

• Chris Fiorentino - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:56 PM

LOL you guys are being ridiculous. I can’t call the Orioles, the team with the second worst record in baseball, dogs? Especially in a post where one of their players was “barking” at the opposing team’s manager like a dog after one of their rare wins? Geeze.

• heyblueyoustink - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Hey, I got no issue with you Fiorentino, I had a crush Linda ( didn’t you promise me her number?) plus i’m a bit of a homer. You certainly keep people involved it seems.

Though I can say the same for derp—der—dahhhhhhh I give up. :-)

Now that damned greasy Hair, i’d like to take some clippers to that dude.

• Chris Fiorentino - Aug 11, 2011 at 4:05 PM

heyblue…I wish I had her number. I know she is living up in CT or NYC area somewhere but I haven’t seen her in about a year.

And heyblue, as far as my post, I wasn’t even being mean…just joking about how a guy on a team with the second worst record “barking” doesn’t really make much sense considering how close to “barking” his team has done all year. And I know my good friend UH was referring to the dog comments I made yesterday about the Dodgers and Rockies…two more teams out of playoff contention who are playing like dogs.

• Utley's Hair - Aug 11, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Just mentioning the laying down like dogs references have popped up a few times, that’s all.

Ouch, stink…er…uh…blue. By the way, I showered and shampooed, so it’s not all greasy.

But about Linda…humminahumminahummina…circa Men in Black, Dogma and before anyway….

• Chris Fiorentino - Aug 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

She is 53 and she still looks great. However, being my first cousin once removed, I can’t comment much further :P

• Utley's Hair - Aug 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Must make weddings interesting….

So I guess calling you a lucky dog would be barking up the wrong tree? Or something….

• FC - Aug 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM

The Last Seduction was one of her best performances, she played the most underhanded, meanest… but I digress.

• nixonotis - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Shitty?

• jimbo1949 - Aug 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM

dies caniculares
      Siriusly

• Chris Fiorentino - Aug 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Yes it is jimbo…yes it is.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2967)