Aug 11, 2011, 1:35 PM EST
Joe Girardi announced that Alex Rodriguez will begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow in Florida, with the current plan calling for him to start at designated hitter before moving to third base Saturday.
Barring a setback that means Rodriguez will likely come off the disabled list by next Thursday, when the Yankees begin a four-game series in Minnesota, and could be back as soon as Monday.
He’s been out since undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee on July 11 and presumably will have met with MLB officials to settle the whole poker non-issue before then.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)