Aug 11, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
Joe Girardi announced that Alex Rodriguez will begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow in Florida, with the current plan calling for him to start at designated hitter before moving to third base Saturday.
Barring a setback that means Rodriguez will likely come off the disabled list by next Thursday, when the Yankees begin a four-game series in Minnesota, and could be back as soon as Monday.
He’s been out since undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee on July 11 and presumably will have met with MLB officials to settle the whole poker non-issue before then.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (129)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)