Alex Rodriguez to begin rehab assignment tomorrow, return to Yankees next week

Aug 11, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT

Alex Rodriguez Getty Images

Joe Girardi announced that Alex Rodriguez will begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow in Florida, with the current plan calling for him to start at designated hitter before moving to third base Saturday.

Barring a setback that means Rodriguez will likely come off the disabled list by next Thursday, when the Yankees begin a four-game series in Minnesota, and could be back as soon as Monday.

He’s been out since undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee on July 11 and presumably will have met with MLB officials to settle the whole poker non-issue before then.

1. Utley's Hair - Aug 11, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Now, what does Len always say? It’s been so long that I forget…

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM

nobody outside the Evil Empire has even noticed hes gone….guy should just stick to pissing away his money at the poker table

• vintage1496 - Aug 11, 2011 at 2:49 PM

… not sure losing 0.001% of your money is considered pissing it away.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM

gotta start somewhere

• yournuts - Aug 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Maybe you should just stick to keeping your ignorant opinions to yourself and not put them on a public site. This is just your own ignorant opinion.

By the way you made a comment about not not being alive during most of the Yankee World Series Championships. Just how old are you? Are you older than 15 years? Since 1996 the Yankees have 5 World Championships! If you older than 34 years? The Yankees have 7 World Championships. If your older than 62, The Yankees have 16 World Championships. Needless to say I see that in the last 90 Years, the Red Sox have , how many? 2. So if you have to make Ignorant comments about Yankee fans or ignorant comments about Yankee ballplayers, don’t do it. Your just making a fool of yourself.

2. derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Like Ive said before, nothing beats messing with the fragile and bloated ego of John Q. YankeesFan. reactions like yours pretty mich validate that. and in case youre unaware, blogs consist entirely of peoples opinions. you deeming mine to be ignorant is just your opinion, and do you really think I care you think of me? nope

• yournuts - Aug 12, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Your comments on AROD. ARod is the cleanup hitter on the Yankees, For 13 years in a row he has had at least 30 Home Runs and 100 RBIs. He has 626 Home Runs in his Career. If you lost AGon from your lineup for almost 2 months where do you think the Red Sox would be in the standings? If you can’t stand him or Posada nobody wants to look at your classless comments. I play poker with my friends and if he wants to play poker with his friends then why shouldn’t he? I wish I could date the girls he dates, you do too! You see your the one with the fragile ego. Just because blogs consist of peoples opinions doesn’t mean their not classless opinions.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 12, 2011 at 4:10 AM

obviously A-rod being out of the lineup hasnt hurt the Yankers too much. what part of “I like baiting Yankees fans like you because their reactions are just too amusing” do you not understand? youre so quick to defend A-rod, its as if I insulted your mother or something. if you started bashing a Red Sox player I wouldnt jump to his defense like you Yankees fans do when anyone comments negatively about one of your players. that my friend is the definition of a fragile ego. call me or my favourite players what you want, itll just make me laugh more. my ego can actually take it

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 12, 2011 at 4:28 AM

also I dont believe calling A-rod arrogant or classless, or suggesting he should stick to poker, is classless on my part. youd be hard-pressed to find anyone outside of NY that doesnt have the same opinion of A-fraud. if you started bashing Gonazalez or Pedroia for being arrogant and classless I think I would be laughing so hard I wouldnt be able to type a response. calling A-rod what he is is not ignorant either. you only think its ignorant because you Yankees fans are so willfully blind to all the negativity that surrounds this cheater

3. derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM

and compared to most of the stuff you hear yelled at the Stadium my comments look like those of a Mensa member

4. derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 5:14 PM

snd finally, what do all the WS series titles have to do with A-rod being an arrogant, classless ballplayer that almost nobody lokes? he has 1 ring, not 27

• sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Aug 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Wow. You really like yourself, don’t you?

• phukyouk - Aug 12, 2011 at 9:17 AM

you get 100 points for you name.. its priceless. your bantering and egging on is also priceless.. i liked you all the way up until “favourite”. thats where you lost me.

P.S. Pedrioa is a poopy-head Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 12, 2011 at 2:42 PM

glad theres someone who can appreciate the general ridiculousness of all this. solid screen name btw hahaha

5. derpdederpdederp - Aug 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM

What does me liking myself have to do with anything? Dont you like yourself? If a thought comes to me after Ive already posted a comment I dont see that as a reason to not post another (the tpyos are bc Im on an iPhone. As retarded as you think I am I wouldnt use the word ‘lokes’ on purpose)

• Ari Collins - Aug 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Stop giving Sox fans a bad name. And learn to click “reply”.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 12, 2011 at 4:07 AM

theres no reply on the iPhone app Ari. out of all the posters on this blog you come off as the biggest mf-ing know-it-all by far. you dont give Sox fans a better name, you disagree with everyones comments just so you have an opportunity to try to sound smart

• yournuts - Aug 12, 2011 at 2:51 AM

It’s that your comments are so demeaning, so negative, so how can I say this, so classless. Why not try writing something that actually has to do with baseball instead of being demeaning to anything Yankees? To me your the type that would pray for your competition to get injured. To me I respect my competition too, I want to beat the best. I don’t say classless remarks like your comments about Posada, or Mo Rivera, even though we both know they has 5 rings each.
      I think your trouble is that you’ve been praying all your life for any disaster to happen to the Yankees so the Red Sox had a chance to win a World Series. This might be your year, then again it might not. We’ll just have to wait and see.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 12, 2011 at 4:51 AM

telling me to not write something is stupid, why on earth would I take orders from a Yankees fan on a blog? youre welcome to write any ignorant or classless comment you want about the Sox and I will never tell you to stop posting comments. I’ll jut sit here and laugh instead. I admitted my comment about Posada was a bit of line, like I said before you really really need to get of the high horse. my comments about Mo were, again, just some Yankees fans bait and they worked like a charm. I went on the record as saying I like Mo and I think hes a class guy (something I can only say about 2 Yankees, Mo and Jeter), but the reactions from people like you when I call down a guy like Mo or A-rod are just priceless

and just so you know, I reserve my logical and respectful comments for stories about the other 29 teams and their players. if you dont believe go take a look for yourself. but when it comes to the Yankess I just dont have anyhting positive to say about them and I especially dont have anything positive to say about A-fraud. the way you Yankees fans defend your players like members of your own family is so amusing and I cant get enough of it. in fact, if you want me to stop writing comments maybe youll stop taking the bait. nah, you dont seem smart enough to do that

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3811)