Aug 11, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
Joe Girardi announced that Alex Rodriguez will begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow in Florida, with the current plan calling for him to start at designated hitter before moving to third base Saturday.
Barring a setback that means Rodriguez will likely come off the disabled list by next Thursday, when the Yankees begin a four-game series in Minnesota, and could be back as soon as Monday.
He’s been out since undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee on July 11 and presumably will have met with MLB officials to settle the whole poker non-issue before then.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?