Aug 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
Carlos Beltran got a cortisone shot in his injured wrist and manager Bruce Bochy said during a radio interview this morning that he’s “doubtful” to return to the lineup tomorrow following the Giants’ off day.
That seemingly makes a trip to the disabled list realistic, as Friday would be the fourth game Beltran has missed after tweaking his wrist on a swing Sunday.
Top prospect Zack Wheeler was the high price the Giants paid for what they thought would be 57 games of Beltran’s big bat boosting their sagging lineup, but he hit just .244 with a .616 OPS through his first 11 games and looks likely to spend at least 15-20 percent of that projected time in San Francisco on the sidelines.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 2
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 34
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)