Aug 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran got a cortisone shot in his injured wrist and manager Bruce Bochy said during a radio interview this morning that he’s “doubtful” to return to the lineup tomorrow following the Giants’ off day.
That seemingly makes a trip to the disabled list realistic, as Friday would be the fourth game Beltran has missed after tweaking his wrist on a swing Sunday.
Top prospect Zack Wheeler was the high price the Giants paid for what they thought would be 57 games of Beltran’s big bat boosting their sagging lineup, but he hit just .244 with a .616 OPS through his first 11 games and looks likely to spend at least 15-20 percent of that projected time in San Francisco on the sidelines.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)