Aug 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran got a cortisone shot in his injured wrist and manager Bruce Bochy said during a radio interview this morning that he’s “doubtful” to return to the lineup tomorrow following the Giants’ off day.
That seemingly makes a trip to the disabled list realistic, as Friday would be the fourth game Beltran has missed after tweaking his wrist on a swing Sunday.
Top prospect Zack Wheeler was the high price the Giants paid for what they thought would be 57 games of Beltran’s big bat boosting their sagging lineup, but he hit just .244 with a .616 OPS through his first 11 games and looks likely to spend at least 15-20 percent of that projected time in San Francisco on the sidelines.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)