Aug 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran got a cortisone shot in his injured wrist and manager Bruce Bochy said during a radio interview this morning that he’s “doubtful” to return to the lineup tomorrow following the Giants’ off day.
That seemingly makes a trip to the disabled list realistic, as Friday would be the fourth game Beltran has missed after tweaking his wrist on a swing Sunday.
Top prospect Zack Wheeler was the high price the Giants paid for what they thought would be 57 games of Beltran’s big bat boosting their sagging lineup, but he hit just .244 with a .616 OPS through his first 11 games and looks likely to spend at least 15-20 percent of that projected time in San Francisco on the sidelines.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (106)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (82)