Aug 11, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran got a cortisone shot in his injured wrist and manager Bruce Bochy said during a radio interview this morning that he’s “doubtful” to return to the lineup tomorrow following the Giants’ off day.
That seemingly makes a trip to the disabled list realistic, as Friday would be the fourth game Beltran has missed after tweaking his wrist on a swing Sunday.
Top prospect Zack Wheeler was the high price the Giants paid for what they thought would be 57 games of Beltran’s big bat boosting their sagging lineup, but he hit just .244 with a .616 OPS through his first 11 games and looks likely to spend at least 15-20 percent of that projected time in San Francisco on the sidelines.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights