Aug 11, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Davey Johnson didn’t sound very optimistic when asked yesterday about Ivan Rodriguez‘s recovery from a strained oblique muscle.
Johnson told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that Rodriguez “is not doing too well” and “is pushing it too hard” in attempt to return from the disabled list, causing him to suffer a setback that required an epidural shot over the weekend.
There’s really no reason for the Nationals to rush Rodriguez back at this point unless they think there’s still some chance of trading him to a catcher-starved contender before August 31, but that seems awfully unlikely now that his terrible hitting is combined with poor health.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)