Aug 11, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Davey Johnson didn’t sound very optimistic when asked yesterday about Ivan Rodriguez‘s recovery from a strained oblique muscle.
Johnson told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that Rodriguez “is not doing too well” and “is pushing it too hard” in attempt to return from the disabled list, causing him to suffer a setback that required an epidural shot over the weekend.
There’s really no reason for the Nationals to rush Rodriguez back at this point unless they think there’s still some chance of trading him to a catcher-starved contender before August 31, but that seems awfully unlikely now that his terrible hitting is combined with poor health.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million