Aug 11, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
While he’s done for 2011, the expected recovery timetable of two months should allow him to come into spring training fully healthy next year and the 25-year-old right-hander remains in the Orioles’ long-term rotation plans.
His overall numbers this season aren’t pretty, but Arrieta was 9-4 with a 4.50 ERA and .233 opponents’ batting average in 16 starts through the end of June before fading last month and eventually being shut down.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12