Aug 11, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
Morse doubled over in pain once he reached first base and held his arm carefully against his body as trainers escorted him off the field. It looked as though he might have suffered a fracture of some kind. But all of the early tests have yielded good news.
According to beat writer Bill Ladson of MLB.com, X-rays taken Thursday evening at a Chicago area hospital showed no breaks. Morse has been diagnosed with a left elbow contusion and is being called day-to-day.
Morse, 29, has posted a .319/.369/.554 slash line, 20 home runs and 68 RBI in 106 games this season.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)