Aug 11, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
Morse doubled over in pain once he reached first base and held his arm carefully against his body as trainers escorted him off the field. It looked as though he might have suffered a fracture of some kind. But all of the early tests have yielded good news.
According to beat writer Bill Ladson of MLB.com, X-rays taken Thursday evening at a Chicago area hospital showed no breaks. Morse has been diagnosed with a left elbow contusion and is being called day-to-day.
Morse, 29, has posted a .319/.369/.554 slash line, 20 home runs and 68 RBI in 106 games this season.
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 8
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 24
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 63
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 84
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)