Aug 11, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
Morse doubled over in pain once he reached first base and held his arm carefully against his body as trainers escorted him off the field. It looked as though he might have suffered a fracture of some kind. But all of the early tests have yielded good news.
According to beat writer Bill Ladson of MLB.com, X-rays taken Thursday evening at a Chicago area hospital showed no breaks. Morse has been diagnosed with a left elbow contusion and is being called day-to-day.
Morse, 29, has posted a .319/.369/.554 slash line, 20 home runs and 68 RBI in 106 games this season.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 13
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 81
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (82)