Aug 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
According to Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York the current plan is for Rodriguez to play minor-league games in Florida tomorrow and Saturday, workout Sunday, take Monday off, and then head to Triple-A for games Tuesday and Wednesday.
And if he’s feeling good by that point–including playing third base in addition to hitting–the Yankees figure to activate him from the DL five weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)