Aug 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
According to Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York the current plan is for Rodriguez to play minor-league games in Florida tomorrow and Saturday, workout Sunday, take Monday off, and then head to Triple-A for games Tuesday and Wednesday.
And if he’s feeling good by that point–including playing third base in addition to hitting–the Yankees figure to activate him from the DL five weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 11
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 16
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 51
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)