Aug 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
According to Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York the current plan is for Rodriguez to play minor-league games in Florida tomorrow and Saturday, workout Sunday, take Monday off, and then head to Triple-A for games Tuesday and Wednesday.
And if he’s feeling good by that point–including playing third base in addition to hitting–the Yankees figure to activate him from the DL five weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)