Aug 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
According to Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York the current plan is for Rodriguez to play minor-league games in Florida tomorrow and Saturday, workout Sunday, take Monday off, and then head to Triple-A for games Tuesday and Wednesday.
And if he’s feeling good by that point–including playing third base in addition to hitting–the Yankees figure to activate him from the DL five weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)