Aug 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
According to Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York the current plan is for Rodriguez to play minor-league games in Florida tomorrow and Saturday, workout Sunday, take Monday off, and then head to Triple-A for games Tuesday and Wednesday.
And if he’s feeling good by that point–including playing third base in addition to hitting–the Yankees figure to activate him from the DL five weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 104
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 35
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)