Aug 12, 2011, 8:40 PM EST
Not only does Uggla have the longest hitting streak in the majors this season, but he now owns the longest hitting streak in Atlanta Braves’ history. With tonight’s homer he passed Rico Carty, who hit safely in 31 consecutive games in 1970.
Uggla entered tonight’s action batting .355 (44-for-124) with 12 homers and 29 RBIs during the streak, raising his batting average from .173 to .224 in the process. He’ll go for 33 in a row tomorrow with Randy Wells on the hill for the Cubs.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)