Aug 12, 2011, 8:40 PM EDT
Not only does Uggla have the longest hitting streak in the majors this season, but he now owns the longest hitting streak in Atlanta Braves’ history. With tonight’s homer he passed Rico Carty, who hit safely in 31 consecutive games in 1970.
Uggla entered tonight’s action batting .355 (44-for-124) with 12 homers and 29 RBIs during the streak, raising his batting average from .173 to .224 in the process. He’ll go for 33 in a row tomorrow with Randy Wells on the hill for the Cubs.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)