Aug 12, 2011, 8:40 PM EST
Not only does Uggla have the longest hitting streak in the majors this season, but he now owns the longest hitting streak in Atlanta Braves’ history. With tonight’s homer he passed Rico Carty, who hit safely in 31 consecutive games in 1970.
Uggla entered tonight’s action batting .355 (44-for-124) with 12 homers and 29 RBIs during the streak, raising his batting average from .173 to .224 in the process. He’ll go for 33 in a row tomorrow with Randy Wells on the hill for the Cubs.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)