MiLB.com launches free “Triple-A” app

Aug 12, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT

MiLB.com

Using an interface modeled after the MLB At Bat 2011 app, minorleaguebaseball.com is now offering the free Milb.com Triple-A app, providing scoreboard and pitch-tracker information for every Triple-A game over the rest of the season.

The app also features a customizable home screen that can be set up with one’s favorite affiliate, archived box scores from the 2011 season, roster information and schedules.

It’s a late launch for the app, given that the minor league season ends Sept. 5.  Still, the price can’t be beat and this gives MiLB a head start on 2012, which figures to see the introduction of an expanded app that goes beyond Triple-A games.

The app can be downloaded here.

1. texasdawg - Aug 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM

These announcements should be saved for when the apps are available on phones not used almost exclusively by women and children.

• Chris Fiorentino - Aug 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM

LOL at the iPhone hate. It’s almost as rampant as Phillies hate.

• sportsdrenched - Aug 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM

That’s so far out of my frame of reference to hate on, it didn’t occur to me that people actually looked down on other people for their phone selection.

I don’t even have a smartphone. Guess that makes me some scourage of society that should be rounded up and forced into an isloated colony away from the city walls.

• natstowngreg - Aug 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I’ll join you there. I have an iPod Touch (for my music and a handful of apps) and a cheap pre-paid cell phone to, well, make phone calls. Problem is, some places where I’d use the apps don’t have very good quality wi-fi. I’m lookin’ at you, Nationals Park.

hmmm, a cell phone that does little but make phone calls. What a concept!

2. natstowngreg - Aug 12, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Considering how much I paid for MLB’s app for my iPod, the AAA app oughta be free.

• sportsdrenched - Aug 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM

How much is AB11? I will eventually get a smartphone and this will most likely be the first app I come after.

• natstowngreg - Aug 12, 2011 at 6:35 PM

As I recall, it was $13.99 for the season. It might be discounted now.

• gammagammahey - Aug 12, 2011 at 11:06 PM

At Bat ’11 was $10 but pretty worth it. I use the radio feeds and free mlb.tv game of the days pretty often.

3. ndnut - Aug 13, 2011 at 3:25 PM

At Bat 11 actually started the year at 14.99 and eventually got discounted. If you get the Free version, you just can’t watch the games

Pitching vs. history in NL wild card game
  1. D. Jeter (3500)