Aug 12, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Using an interface modeled after the MLB At Bat 2011 app, minorleaguebaseball.com is now offering the free Milb.com Triple-A app, providing scoreboard and pitch-tracker information for every Triple-A game over the rest of the season.
The app also features a customizable home screen that can be set up with one’s favorite affiliate, archived box scores from the 2011 season, roster information and schedules.
It’s a late launch for the app, given that the minor league season ends Sept. 5. Still, the price can’t be beat and this gives MiLB a head start on 2012, which figures to see the introduction of an expanded app that goes beyond Triple-A games.
The app can be downloaded here.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)