Aug 13, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
The ride continues.
Uggla then homered to lead off the fourth inning before getting hit by a pitch in the sixth.
He flied out to left field in the seventh inning, then drew a walk during a failed rally in the ninth, finishing the evening 2-for-3 with two runs scored.
Uggla got off to a rough start with the Braves this year, batting just .185/.257/.365 in 374 plate appearances before the All-Star break. But he’s been scorching hot since mid-July and now boasts a rapidly improving .753 OPS. The 31-year-old has also tallied 27 home runs and 61 RBI for Wild Card-leading Atlanta.
Uggla will try to keep the streak rolling in Sunday’s series finale against Cubs righty Matt Garza.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 24
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)