Aug 13, 2011, 10:34 PM EST
The ride continues.
Uggla then homered to lead off the fourth inning before getting hit by a pitch in the sixth.
He flied out to left field in the seventh inning, then drew a walk during a failed rally in the ninth, finishing the evening 2-for-3 with two runs scored.
Uggla got off to a rough start with the Braves this year, batting just .185/.257/.365 in 374 plate appearances before the All-Star break. But he’s been scorching hot since mid-July and now boasts a rapidly improving .753 OPS. The 31-year-old has also tallied 27 home runs and 61 RBI for Wild Card-leading Atlanta.
Uggla will try to keep the streak rolling in Sunday’s series finale against Cubs righty Matt Garza.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 67
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)