Aug 13, 2011, 9:28 PM EDT
A.J. Burnett, who has allowed 20 hits and 11 earned runs in his last 10 1/3 innings, will take the hill instead. He could lose his spot in the Yankees’ starting rotation if things continue to go poorly.
Garcia should be ready to return after just one week of rest. The 35-year-old veteran has registered a cool 3.16 ERA, 1.31 WHIP and 81/37 K/BB ratio in 122 1/3 frames this season for the Wild Card-leading Yanks.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)