Aug 13, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Brewers right-hander Zack Greinke laid down a successful sacrifice bunt Saturday in a pinch-hitting appearance against the Pirates, but he did so while wearing a uniform that was intended to be showcased during Sunday’s German Heritage Day at Miller Park.
The uni, which apparently went unnoticed by the umps and the Pirates, had the name “Bierbrauers” written across the front. That’s German for “Beer Brewers.”
Milwaukee won Saturday’s game against Pittsburgh, moving to 4 1/2 games up in the National League Central standings. The Bucs, meanwhile, are now a whopping 12 games back.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)