Aug 13, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
Brewers right-hander Zack Greinke laid down a successful sacrifice bunt Saturday in a pinch-hitting appearance against the Pirates, but he did so while wearing a uniform that was intended to be showcased during Sunday’s German Heritage Day at Miller Park.
The uni, which apparently went unnoticed by the umps and the Pirates, had the name “Bierbrauers” written across the front. That’s German for “Beer Brewers.”
Milwaukee won Saturday’s game against Pittsburgh, moving to 4 1/2 games up in the National League Central standings. The Bucs, meanwhile, are now a whopping 12 games back.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)