Aug 13, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
Brewers right-hander Zack Greinke laid down a successful sacrifice bunt Saturday in a pinch-hitting appearance against the Pirates, but he did so while wearing a uniform that was intended to be showcased during Sunday’s German Heritage Day at Miller Park.
The uni, which apparently went unnoticed by the umps and the Pirates, had the name “Bierbrauers” written across the front. That’s German for “Beer Brewers.”
Milwaukee won Saturday’s game against Pittsburgh, moving to 4 1/2 games up in the National League Central standings. The Bucs, meanwhile, are now a whopping 12 games back.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)