A-Rod will continue rehab games in AAA on Tuesday

Aug 14, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT

a-rod reuters Reuters

Alex Rodriguez is right on track.

According to the Associated Press, via NBCSports.com, the Yankees third baseman took 13 at-bats in a simulated game Sunday in Tampa, Florida without feeling any lingering discomfort related to his mid-July knee surgery.

A-Rod will take the day off Monday before resuming his minor league rehab assignment Tuesday with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He had a double, a homer and two RBI in seven plate appearances at Single-A.

Rodriguez, 35, was batting .295/.366/.485 with 13 home runs and 52 RBI in 344 plate appearances before his minor knee procedure. He is aiming to return to the Yankees’ starting lineup on Thursday in Minnesota.

Eric Chavez and Eduardo Nunez have been handling the action at third base in A-Rod’s absence.

1. derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM

keep him down there, nobody misses him in the bigs

2. yankeesgameday - Aug 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM

No one outside of ny.

When he comes back, even if he bats .200, you’re going to see just what his presence does to make that lineup look incredibly intimidating. I have never been an Arod apologist, or even close to a fan of his, but when you have the man who has hit more home runs than any other active player in the game in your line up it changes the way everyone on the field plays.

Getting him back is better than any trade deadline move they could have made.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 6:29 PM

the Yanks have been doing fine without him. youre right when you say they will LOOK intimidating, but other than Granderson and Cano I dont think theres any Yankees hitters teams really fear (A-rod and Texs .248 avg included)

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Using BA as a display of hitting acumen is about as smart as your earlier comment. Stay classy derp

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM

the one on this post or the one suggesting Yankees fans helped repel Lee from the Evil Empire?

• yournuts - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM

What about Swisher? Jeter? Martin? Are you living under a rock? Yankees win, ThEEEEE YANKEES WIN. We have 27 World Championships. In the last 90 years how many do the Red Sox have? The same amount as the Florida Marlins? How do you like them apples?

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Jeter? JETER? thats the funniest thing youve seen yet. like I said, I hope those 27 rings can hit and pitch because Lord knows theyll need the help when theyre getting swept in the ALDS

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Ive seen* or youve said*, I might be a bit dyslexic hahaha

3. derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I didnt say BA is the be-all end-all, but with his BA Tex is no better than any other power hitter not making $180 million. and hows he done against the Sox this year? point is hes not a fearsome piece in the lineup this year. only Granderson and Cano are so far

• nixonotis - Aug 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM

We understood the point you were trying to make, it’s just that it sucks.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

thats easy to say but could you care to share why? is it because I spoke heresy against the self-proclaimed Chosen Team and its King A-rod? Im just curious to know, its not like I can take someone with ‘Nixon’ in their name seriously but saying a valid point sucks deserves a little more substance for that to mean anything

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

thats easy to say but could you care to share why?

Because in all of MLB the Yanks are:

wRC: 2nd
        wOBA: 2nd
        OBP: 2nd
        SLG: 3rd

That’s with Arod missing 5 weeks, the corpse of Jorge Posada playing DH most of the time, Eduardo Nunez and Francisco Cervelli getting too much playtime. They are second in Runs Scored, 1st in HR and 2nd in SB.

Yeah they don’t “look intimidating” but they’ve put up the second best offense in baseball.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I was talking to Mr. Nixon up there but thank you for agreeing with me. they dont look intimidating 1 – 9. Granderson and Cano are the main reasons for those numbers being as good as they are. if they werent having MVP-calibre seasons you think their offense would be 2nd best? nope

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM

wRC:
        Granderson – 157
        Cano – 139
        Arod – 135
        Tex – 131
        Swisher – 125

wOBA:
        Granderson – .405
        Cano – .380
        Arod – .373
        Tex – .367
        Swisher – .358

Yup, Cano is clearly heads above everyone else. Any other opinions?

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:44 PM

the fact that you need to Google these sabermetric stats is all I need to know. Im going on what I see when I watch them play and that is that Cano and Granderson are the most fearsome hitters. the rest of the lineup is much less of a concern to their opponents

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Your ignorance of a stat doesn’t make it any more viable/non-viable. And relying on the eye test? Thanks for the laugh.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM

relying on the 2 you came up with there is pretty desperate. I bet if I wasted enough time on Google I could come up with some sabermetrics to prove my point too. arguing Cano and Granderson arent head and shoulders above the rest of the team is too funny. even with the stats you put up there I can see those guys are still clearly the best on the team. way to prove your point Yanker

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

He has 44 AB’s against the sox this year, that’s a sample size you want to judge him on?

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

its been more than half a season, he gets the big bucks from the Yanks to do a lot of things but mainly one: help beat the Sox. he hasnt done that yet this year, not sure hes gonna start before the seasons over either. all his numbers (with the exception of HRs and therefore slugging/OPS) are down this year. youre welcome to call me an idiot all you want but he quite simply is not the fearsome piece in their lineup that he was his first 2 years in NY

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM

He gets paid the $ to win championships. No Yankee fan concerns themselves with the matchup against the Sox. In the long run it makes 0 difference (unless you are talking about the ALCS).

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

if he isnt producing against them all season long I have a very hard time believing hes just gonna turn it on in the ALCS. and dont tell me he doesnt get big bucks to beat the Sox as well, denying that is just ridiculous. you dont think Gonzalez gets paid in large part to perform against the Yanks? Id say so. your arguments are getting a bit desperate bud. Im pretty sure Yanks fans arent thrilled with Tex dogging it against their arch rivals

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM

44 ABs equates to what, 10 games? Any fan who thinks 10 games is indicative of what a player is, regardless of opponent, is someone whose opinion I lend zero credibility too.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM

his numbers are down against ALL opponents. he hasnt performed against the Sox, something the best Yanks players are expected to do. keep up the denial bud. I’ll be laughing when you trot CC, AJ, and Hughes out there and lose the ALDS in 27 innings

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Not sure what’s worse, that you think 3 games is an even better measure of a team, or that AJ and/or Hughes are going to be the 2-3 starters.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM

who will be then? Nova? Colon? 27 innings my friend, 27 innings

• yournuts - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM

We save our hitting for September and October. THE YANKS ARE COMING, Tied in the loss column, and AROD Coming Back on Thursday. Tex is a better hitter with AROD in the lineup. Do you think AGON would be as good a hitter without Yuk in the lineup? Where would you be without AGON this year? 10 games out?
      27 World Championships. How many do the Sox have? How many do the Sox have? Even the Pirates have more that the Red Sox? How many? We have 27.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM

yeah but the problem with that comment is they do have AL MVP Adrian Gonzalez. I guess knowing youre gonna get your a$$ handed to you in the playoffs by the Sox forces you resort to hypotheticals to make you feel better. far be it from me to judge what helps you sleep at night. those 27 championships are great and the fact you keep bringing them up is even better. Im sure the titles they won in the 30s will have a lot of bearing on how deep the Yanks go in the postseason this year. what else possibly could? the players on their current roster? nah, those 27 rings will bat cleanup, play the outfield, and close out games

4. yournuts - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Hey derpdederpdederp,

Go get lost under some Red Sox rock. The last I’ve seen were tied with the Red Sox in the lost column. Yankee fans know that we play our best ball with Arod in September. We’ve had major injury after Major injury to our pitching staff, you’ve insulted Mo, Jorge and Arod. We don’t give a crap what you think because your an ignorant a hole who has no respect for the game and for other people. Nobody wins Championships in May and June it’s won in September and October. That’s why we have Mr October, and Mr. November as Yankee greats. AS WELL AS 27 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

How do you like them apples?
    27 BABY, 27.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM

oh hey bud, havent heard from you in a few days. obviously you care given these little temper tantrums you keep throwing every time I say soemthing. and of course you have 27 championships. I think Ive heard that somewhere before. funny, thats how many innings its gonna take the Yankers to lose the ALDS. obviously I dont respect most Yankees fans given that a lot of them are people like you: just total jokes put on earth solely for the amusement of all other baseball fans. keep up the good work man, Im just laughing my a$$ off right now

• yournuts - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Sorry, I was away. How did your Sox do against the Mariners? Lost 2 of 3 huh? to bad. Now you got Tampa Bay coming In for a big 3 game set! Good Luck against those pesky Sting Rays. Glad your laughing your a$$ off. We Yankee fans don’t really care about you Sox fans especally when you start bragging in August. You haven’t won anything yet and were tied in the lost column. What the hell are you talking trash for? You would think your 15 games in front! We got 27 World Championships baby! Count them, 27.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Im talking trash because people like you have such fragile emotions and its so easy to hurt your feelings. you get so up in arms over the slightest criticism of or negativity towards your team. its so amusing I cant help myself. to be honest I dont bait any other fans except the occasional Phillies one. I said before if you were smart you would just stop responding to me and Id have nothing to comment about. but I also said I didnt think you as a Yankees fan could possibly be that smart. thanks for proving me right. like Ive said so many times you typing 27 is just funny because the Yankees are only gonna experience that many innings of playoff play so you better enjoy em

5. yournuts - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Jeter is the biggest pain in the neck to the Red Sox since he’s been in the League. Remember Bucky Dent? Remember Aaron Boone? Some Yankee, It doesn’t matter who will come alone and break the Red Sox Hearts. Mark my words.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM

yournuts in Jeters mouth

• yournuts - Aug 15, 2011 at 3:17 AM

another immature reply from Red Sox nation.

• derpdederpdederp - Aug 15, 2011 at 3:54 AM

hahaha well I guess it took long enough. that screen name begs for it though

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3092)