Aug 14, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is right on track.
According to the Associated Press, via NBCSports.com, the Yankees third baseman took 13 at-bats in a simulated game Sunday in Tampa, Florida without feeling any lingering discomfort related to his mid-July knee surgery.
A-Rod will take the day off Monday before resuming his minor league rehab assignment Tuesday with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He had a double, a homer and two RBI in seven plate appearances at Single-A.
Rodriguez, 35, was batting .295/.366/.485 with 13 home runs and 52 RBI in 344 plate appearances before his minor knee procedure. He is aiming to return to the Yankees’ starting lineup on Thursday in Minnesota.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 48
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)