Aug 14, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
As first reported by Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com, Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips is back in the Cincinnati starting lineup on Sunday afternoon for the first time since suffering a bruised left elbow when he was hit by a pitch last Tuesday.
Phillips, 30, has registered a .287/.333/.424 triple slash line with 11 home runs and 63 RBI in 489 plate appearances this year for the third-place Reds. He is batting third and playing second in Sunday’s series finale against Padres left-hander Wade LeBlanc.
The Reds have won four straight but remain 10 games back of the Brewers in the National League Central.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)