Aug 14, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
As first reported by Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com, Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips is back in the Cincinnati starting lineup on Sunday afternoon for the first time since suffering a bruised left elbow when he was hit by a pitch last Tuesday.
Phillips, 30, has registered a .287/.333/.424 triple slash line with 11 home runs and 63 RBI in 489 plate appearances this year for the third-place Reds. He is batting third and playing second in Sunday’s series finale against Padres left-hander Wade LeBlanc.
The Reds have won four straight but remain 10 games back of the Brewers in the National League Central.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?