Aug 14, 2011, 5:01 PM EST
It appears that answer has now arrived.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, who has been all over the story since Saturday, Morrison is considering filing a grievance against the Marlins for optioning him suddenly to Triple-A. The Fish are citing his recent offensive struggles as the reason for the transaction, but all indications point to off-field issues playing a major role.
And that fact isn’t sitting well with Fred Wray, Morrison’s agent. It probably won’t sit well with the MLBPA either.
“We are going to, with absolute certainty, explore this and contact the union and make sure Logan’s rights are protected,’’ Wray said Sunday. “It doesn’t seem like everything adds up here.’’
Morrison has struggled a bit offensively. He had a really rough July and was still under-performing in August despite recent signs of life. So it’s doubtful that Wray or the MLBPA will win a claim of wrongdoing.
But the fact that LoMo is upset enough to consider the action, and not comfortable enough to settle matters behind closed doors, tells you something about the crumbling relationship between player and management.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)