Aug 14, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
It appears that answer has now arrived.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, who has been all over the story since Saturday, Morrison is considering filing a grievance against the Marlins for optioning him suddenly to Triple-A. The Fish are citing his recent offensive struggles as the reason for the transaction, but all indications point to off-field issues playing a major role.
And that fact isn’t sitting well with Fred Wray, Morrison’s agent. It probably won’t sit well with the MLBPA either.
“We are going to, with absolute certainty, explore this and contact the union and make sure Logan’s rights are protected,’’ Wray said Sunday. “It doesn’t seem like everything adds up here.’’
Morrison has struggled a bit offensively. He had a really rough July and was still under-performing in August despite recent signs of life. So it’s doubtful that Wray or the MLBPA will win a claim of wrongdoing.
But the fact that LoMo is upset enough to consider the action, and not comfortable enough to settle matters behind closed doors, tells you something about the crumbling relationship between player and management.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)