Aug 14, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
It appears that answer has now arrived.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, who has been all over the story since Saturday, Morrison is considering filing a grievance against the Marlins for optioning him suddenly to Triple-A. The Fish are citing his recent offensive struggles as the reason for the transaction, but all indications point to off-field issues playing a major role.
And that fact isn’t sitting well with Fred Wray, Morrison’s agent. It probably won’t sit well with the MLBPA either.
“We are going to, with absolute certainty, explore this and contact the union and make sure Logan’s rights are protected,’’ Wray said Sunday. “It doesn’t seem like everything adds up here.’’
Morrison has struggled a bit offensively. He had a really rough July and was still under-performing in August despite recent signs of life. So it’s doubtful that Wray or the MLBPA will win a claim of wrongdoing.
But the fact that LoMo is upset enough to consider the action, and not comfortable enough to settle matters behind closed doors, tells you something about the crumbling relationship between player and management.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)