Aug 14, 2011, 5:01 PM EST
It appears that answer has now arrived.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, who has been all over the story since Saturday, Morrison is considering filing a grievance against the Marlins for optioning him suddenly to Triple-A. The Fish are citing his recent offensive struggles as the reason for the transaction, but all indications point to off-field issues playing a major role.
And that fact isn’t sitting well with Fred Wray, Morrison’s agent. It probably won’t sit well with the MLBPA either.
“We are going to, with absolute certainty, explore this and contact the union and make sure Logan’s rights are protected,’’ Wray said Sunday. “It doesn’t seem like everything adds up here.’’
Morrison has struggled a bit offensively. He had a really rough July and was still under-performing in August despite recent signs of life. So it’s doubtful that Wray or the MLBPA will win a claim of wrongdoing.
But the fact that LoMo is upset enough to consider the action, and not comfortable enough to settle matters behind closed doors, tells you something about the crumbling relationship between player and management.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)