Aug 14, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Rockies third base coach Rich Dauer was taken to an emergency room after getting struck on the bridge of his nose by a throw prior to Sunday night’s game against the Cardinals.
A team spokesman said Dauer was hurt during a double play drill by a throw from Chris Nelson. Infielders had been practicing double plays without making the relay before Nelson’s throw, so apparently someone was confused.
The Rockies had first base coach Glenallen Hill moved to third base to replace Dauer tonight. Catching coordinator Marv Foley took Hill’s spot.
Tigers reliever Al Alburquerque was injured Friday and left with a concussion after being hit by a ball in the outfield, so this makes it twice in three days that someone on the field has gotten hurt during batting practice.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 16
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)