Aug 14, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Rockies third base coach Rich Dauer was taken to an emergency room after getting struck on the bridge of his nose by a throw prior to Sunday night’s game against the Cardinals.
A team spokesman said Dauer was hurt during a double play drill by a throw from Chris Nelson. Infielders had been practicing double plays without making the relay before Nelson’s throw, so apparently someone was confused.
The Rockies had first base coach Glenallen Hill moved to third base to replace Dauer tonight. Catching coordinator Marv Foley took Hill’s spot.
Tigers reliever Al Alburquerque was injured Friday and left with a concussion after being hit by a ball in the outfield, so this makes it twice in three days that someone on the field has gotten hurt during batting practice.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 63
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 20
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)