Aug 14, 2011, 8:29 AM EDT
It’s August 14. On this date in baseball history, Jimmie Foxx hit for the cycle and tallied nine RBI in a single game (1933), Cardinals ace Bob Gibson no-hit the Pirates (1971), the Yankees retired Reggie Jackson’s uniform number 44 (1993), and former major leaguer Jose Offerman was suspended indefinitely by the independent Atlantic League for attacking two opposing players with a bat (2007).
Your Saturday box scores:
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming