Aug 15, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
According to Leslie Gudel of CSNPhilly.com, the Phillies sent Hamels for a precautionary MRI on his left shoulder today. The results aren’t yet available.
Hamels gave up three runs on six hits and four walks over five innings against the Nationals on Friday while showing diminished velocity. While he told reporters following the game that he didn’t feel any pain, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said the left-hander experienced some stiffness in his shoulder.
The Phillies were rained out yesterday and have an off-day tonight, so they could push Hamels back in the rotation even if the MRI doesn’t reveal anything serious.
Hamels, 27, is 13-7 with a 2.62 ERA and 155/35 K/BB ratio over 25 starts this season. He ranks third in the National League with 172 innings pitched.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)