Aug 15, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
I’ve never been in that situation before, where I have a Hall of Fame-type player behind me
And why shouldn’t a guy hitting .266/.305/.357 with four homers in 305 at-bats get to hit ahead of a Hall of Famer? Of course, Young has never suffered from any sort of self esteem problems.
But we can pretty much guarantee this: the only way Young is going to see better pitches is by laying off the lousy ones. It doesn’t matter whether he has Miguel Cabrera or Miguel Batista hitting behind him when he barely walks once a week anyway.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)