Aug 15, 2011, 6:14 PM EST
I’ve never been in that situation before, where I have a Hall of Fame-type player behind me
And why shouldn’t a guy hitting .266/.305/.357 with four homers in 305 at-bats get to hit ahead of a Hall of Famer? Of course, Young has never suffered from any sort of self esteem problems.
But we can pretty much guarantee this: the only way Young is going to see better pitches is by laying off the lousy ones. It doesn’t matter whether he has Miguel Cabrera or Miguel Batista hitting behind him when he barely walks once a week anyway.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)