Aug 15, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Today, if you did not know it, is signing day for those fellows taken in this summer’s amateur draft. If they don’t sign, back into the hopper or to college or to wherever they go.
Most sign, though. At least the top-of-the-draft guys we non-draft experts tend to hear about and care about. And as Buster Olney pointed out in his column this morning, most of them have had their deals in place for weeks but just haven’t had them announced yet because the teams don’t want to catch any guff from Selig’s office over how big the bonuses were. It’s a pretty automatic process in recent years.
These draft picks need to sign and get they asses to the SHOW and make some real money. Geez. It’s annoying already.
I was hoping that Jones had held out, missed signing and all of that back when he was drafted, but I note that he signed on July 18th, 2003, a month and a half or so after being selected. So really guys, you should listen to him and get your asses to the SHOW, OK? He knows of what he speaks!
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)