Aug 15, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Today, if you did not know it, is signing day for those fellows taken in this summer’s amateur draft. If they don’t sign, back into the hopper or to college or to wherever they go.
Most sign, though. At least the top-of-the-draft guys we non-draft experts tend to hear about and care about. And as Buster Olney pointed out in his column this morning, most of them have had their deals in place for weeks but just haven’t had them announced yet because the teams don’t want to catch any guff from Selig’s office over how big the bonuses were. It’s a pretty automatic process in recent years.
These draft picks need to sign and get they asses to the SHOW and make some real money. Geez. It’s annoying already.
I was hoping that Jones had held out, missed signing and all of that back when he was drafted, but I note that he signed on July 18th, 2003, a month and a half or so after being selected. So really guys, you should listen to him and get your asses to the SHOW, OK? He knows of what he speaks!
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)