Aug 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Colorado actually won its first two Sunday games this season, back in April, but have dropped 17 in a row since then. Overall this season they’re 2-17 on Sunday compared to 54-49 on every other day of the week.
If instead of going 2-17 the Rockies had simply played .500 ball on Sunday they would be 64-58, which would put them just a half-game behind the Diamondbacks in the NL West, slightly in front of the Giants.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32