Aug 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Colorado actually won its first two Sunday games this season, back in April, but have dropped 17 in a row since then. Overall this season they’re 2-17 on Sunday compared to 54-49 on every other day of the week.
If instead of going 2-17 the Rockies had simply played .500 ball on Sunday they would be 64-58, which would put them just a half-game behind the Diamondbacks in the NL West, slightly in front of the Giants.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)