Aug 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Colorado actually won its first two Sunday games this season, back in April, but have dropped 17 in a row since then. Overall this season they’re 2-17 on Sunday compared to 54-49 on every other day of the week.
If instead of going 2-17 the Rockies had simply played .500 ball on Sunday they would be 64-58, which would put them just a half-game behind the Diamondbacks in the NL West, slightly in front of the Giants.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 14
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 21
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)