Aug 15, 2011, 4:33 PM EDT
This is why the replacement player gambit never worked back in the 1994-95 strike, by the way. When you pit scrub football players against other scrub football players in combat like the NFL did once upon a time, you get something that still looks like football because everyone sucks equally. In baseball, however, the crappy pitchers have to hit the same basic strike zone that the good pitchers do, and thus the illusion is shattered much more easily.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)