Aug 16, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran hasn’t played since August 7 because of a wrist injury, missing seven games while taking up a spot on the active roster, but according to Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News the Giants have finally decided to place him on the disabled list.
And to replace Beltran on the roster the Giants have activated Miguel Tejada from the DL, bringing him back without a minor-league rehab assignment for his abdominal strain despite the 37-year-old last playing on July 18.
Because the Beltran move is backdated to his last action he’ll be eligible to return in a week, but the decision to give up top prospect Zack Wheeler to get him from the Mets for what could have been at most 57 games is looking iffier and iffier.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)