Aug 16, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran hasn’t played since August 7 because of a wrist injury, missing seven games while taking up a spot on the active roster, but according to Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News the Giants have finally decided to place him on the disabled list.
And to replace Beltran on the roster the Giants have activated Miguel Tejada from the DL, bringing him back without a minor-league rehab assignment for his abdominal strain despite the 37-year-old last playing on July 18.
Because the Beltran move is backdated to his last action he’ll be eligible to return in a week, but the decision to give up top prospect Zack Wheeler to get him from the Mets for what could have been at most 57 games is looking iffier and iffier.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)