Aug 16, 2011, 4:47 PM EST
Carlos Beltran hasn’t played since August 7 because of a wrist injury, missing seven games while taking up a spot on the active roster, but according to Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News the Giants have finally decided to place him on the disabled list.
And to replace Beltran on the roster the Giants have activated Miguel Tejada from the DL, bringing him back without a minor-league rehab assignment for his abdominal strain despite the 37-year-old last playing on July 18.
Because the Beltran move is backdated to his last action he’ll be eligible to return in a week, but the decision to give up top prospect Zack Wheeler to get him from the Mets for what could have been at most 57 games is looking iffier and iffier.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)