Aug 16, 2011, 4:47 PM EST
Carlos Beltran hasn’t played since August 7 because of a wrist injury, missing seven games while taking up a spot on the active roster, but according to Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News the Giants have finally decided to place him on the disabled list.
And to replace Beltran on the roster the Giants have activated Miguel Tejada from the DL, bringing him back without a minor-league rehab assignment for his abdominal strain despite the 37-year-old last playing on July 18.
Because the Beltran move is backdated to his last action he’ll be eligible to return in a week, but the decision to give up top prospect Zack Wheeler to get him from the Mets for what could have been at most 57 games is looking iffier and iffier.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)