Aug 16, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
Ben Revere made one of the most exciting outs I’ve ever seen last night, hitting a ball into the right-center field gap at spacious Comerica Park and getting thrown out at the plate in an inside-the-park homer attempt.
Nearly every other player in baseball would have stopped at third base, but Revere’s incredible speed actually made it an extremely close play and only Tigers catcher Alex Avila hanging onto the ball after a big collision kept the light-hitting rookie from his first homer.
MLB.com has the video, although unfortunately they didn’t make it embeddable so you’ll have to actually click the link.
As for Revere, he just tweeted about how he felt waking up this morning:
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)