Aug 16, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Ben Revere made one of the most exciting outs I’ve ever seen last night, hitting a ball into the right-center field gap at spacious Comerica Park and getting thrown out at the plate in an inside-the-park homer attempt.
Nearly every other player in baseball would have stopped at third base, but Revere’s incredible speed actually made it an extremely close play and only Tigers catcher Alex Avila hanging onto the ball after a big collision kept the light-hitting rookie from his first homer.
MLB.com has the video, although unfortunately they didn’t make it embeddable so you’ll have to actually click the link.
As for Revere, he just tweeted about how he felt waking up this morning:
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)