Aug 16, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Ben Revere made one of the most exciting outs I’ve ever seen last night, hitting a ball into the right-center field gap at spacious Comerica Park and getting thrown out at the plate in an inside-the-park homer attempt.
Nearly every other player in baseball would have stopped at third base, but Revere’s incredible speed actually made it an extremely close play and only Tigers catcher Alex Avila hanging onto the ball after a big collision kept the light-hitting rookie from his first homer.
MLB.com has the video, although unfortunately they didn’t make it embeddable so you’ll have to actually click the link.
As for Revere, he just tweeted about how he felt waking up this morning:
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17