Aug 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EST
A group of Dodgers season ticket holders is trying to get a place at the stakeholders’ table in the bankruptcy case. They’re not owed money or anything so I’m not sure, legally speaking, they have a right to be there, but you don’t get anything if you don’t ask for it, so good luck to them.
The fun part: one of the season ticket holders is the Sinatra family. As in, ‘Ol Blue Eyes’ kin. Frankie bought tickets back in ’58 and the family still has them. I bet they’re in a sweet locale too, baby.
Of course, if Frank were still alive he’d be able to make a couple of phone calls and have McCourt dangled over a cliff someplace, and none of this litigation would have been necessary.
Dooby dooby doo, da da da dee dee …..
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)