Aug 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
A group of Dodgers season ticket holders is trying to get a place at the stakeholders’ table in the bankruptcy case. They’re not owed money or anything so I’m not sure, legally speaking, they have a right to be there, but you don’t get anything if you don’t ask for it, so good luck to them.
The fun part: one of the season ticket holders is the Sinatra family. As in, ‘Ol Blue Eyes’ kin. Frankie bought tickets back in ’58 and the family still has them. I bet they’re in a sweet locale too, baby.
Of course, if Frank were still alive he’d be able to make a couple of phone calls and have McCourt dangled over a cliff someplace, and none of this litigation would have been necessary.
Dooby dooby doo, da da da dee dee …..
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)