Aug 16, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
A group of Dodgers season ticket holders is trying to get a place at the stakeholders’ table in the bankruptcy case. They’re not owed money or anything so I’m not sure, legally speaking, they have a right to be there, but you don’t get anything if you don’t ask for it, so good luck to them.
The fun part: one of the season ticket holders is the Sinatra family. As in, ‘Ol Blue Eyes’ kin. Frankie bought tickets back in ’58 and the family still has them. I bet they’re in a sweet locale too, baby.
Of course, if Frank were still alive he’d be able to make a couple of phone calls and have McCourt dangled over a cliff someplace, and none of this litigation would have been necessary.
Dooby dooby doo, da da da dee dee …..
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (184)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)