Aug 16, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
Because they’re in Washington, the Nationals have come to be baseball’s designated, well, National team when it comes to ceremonies, honors and things like that. Which I kind of like. Tonight they will be doing some of that honoring. Adam Kilgore reports:
On Tuesday night against the Cincinnati Reds, the Nationals will wear cap emblazoned with the Navy SEALs logo to honor the 22 SEALs killed alongside eight other U.S. servicemen and eight Afghans in the Aug. 6 helicopter attack in Afghanistan.
Nice move, Nats.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)