Aug 16, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
A baseball owner is being accused of looting his team for tens of millions of dollars in order to buy parking lots. Yeah, you know who I’m talking about.
Oh, no. Actually it isn’t Frank McCourt. It’s the Rangers’ former owner, Tom Hicks:
Former Rangers owner Tom Hicks was sued Monday by the team’s post-bankruptcy administrator, who says the wealthy Dallas investor “stole” tens of millions from the major-league franchise to acquire what are now highly lucrative parking lots near Rangers Ballpark in Arlington and Cowboys Stadium.
The money he used was supposed to go to players and those on deferred compensation schedules, the lawsuit says. Hicks, not surprisingly, denies the claims.
Nothing ever ends when rich guys fight over cash. Ever.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69