Aug 17, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
San Francisco’s injuries keep piling up.
For now the Giants are calling Wilson’s elbow injury inflammation as well, but Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he went to Florida to have Dr. James Andrews look things over.
Wilson has been unavailable recently because of a back injury and gave up three runs in his most recent appearance Monday, allowing three hits and two walks while recording just two outs. Bruce Bochy indicated that Wilson may be able to return in 2-3 days, so the Giants will avoid putting him on the DL.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)