Aug 17, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
San Francisco’s injuries keep piling up.
For now the Giants are calling Wilson’s elbow injury inflammation as well, but Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he went to Florida to have Dr. James Andrews look things over.
Wilson has been unavailable recently because of a back injury and gave up three runs in his most recent appearance Monday, allowing three hits and two walks while recording just two outs. Bruce Bochy indicated that Wilson may be able to return in 2-3 days, so the Giants will avoid putting him on the DL.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)