Aug 17, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
San Francisco’s injuries keep piling up.
For now the Giants are calling Wilson’s elbow injury inflammation as well, but Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he went to Florida to have Dr. James Andrews look things over.
Wilson has been unavailable recently because of a back injury and gave up three runs in his most recent appearance Monday, allowing three hits and two walks while recording just two outs. Bruce Bochy indicated that Wilson may be able to return in 2-3 days, so the Giants will avoid putting him on the DL.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)