Aug 17, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
San Francisco’s injuries keep piling up.
For now the Giants are calling Wilson’s elbow injury inflammation as well, but Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he went to Florida to have Dr. James Andrews look things over.
Wilson has been unavailable recently because of a back injury and gave up three runs in his most recent appearance Monday, allowing three hits and two walks while recording just two outs. Bruce Bochy indicated that Wilson may be able to return in 2-3 days, so the Giants will avoid putting him on the DL.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 31
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)