Aug 17, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
San Francisco’s injuries keep piling up.
For now the Giants are calling Wilson’s elbow injury inflammation as well, but Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he went to Florida to have Dr. James Andrews look things over.
Wilson has been unavailable recently because of a back injury and gave up three runs in his most recent appearance Monday, allowing three hits and two walks while recording just two outs. Bruce Bochy indicated that Wilson may be able to return in 2-3 days, so the Giants will avoid putting him on the DL.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 8
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 59
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 29
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)