Aug 17, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
After getting examined Wednesday, Carlos Ruiz is out of the Phillies lineup tonight with what’s officially being termed a left testicle contusion.
Ruiz was injured by a Roy Halladay pitch in Tuesday’s loss, and though he was attended to by the trainer then, he was able to finish the game. He’s considered day-to-day, and Brian Schneider is starting in his place tonight.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)