Aug 17, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
After getting examined Wednesday, Carlos Ruiz is out of the Phillies lineup tonight with what’s officially being termed a left testicle contusion.
Ruiz was injured by a Roy Halladay pitch in Tuesday’s loss, and though he was attended to by the trainer then, he was able to finish the game. He’s considered day-to-day, and Brian Schneider is starting in his place tonight.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)