Aug 17, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Davis was placed on the disabled list yesterday with a right shoulder injury that president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail described as “a small tear.” He’s scheduled to be examined Thursday by Dr. Lewis Yocum, which means season-ending surgery could be right around the corner.
It’s a tough break for Davis, who spent much of the past two seasons at Triple-A and was finally in line to play regularly down the stretch in Baltimore. Instead he whiffed 14 times in 40 at-bats and probably won’t be back in the lineup until 2012.
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 1
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 74
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)