Aug 17, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Davis was placed on the disabled list yesterday with a right shoulder injury that president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail described as “a small tear.” He’s scheduled to be examined Thursday by Dr. Lewis Yocum, which means season-ending surgery could be right around the corner.
It’s a tough break for Davis, who spent much of the past two seasons at Triple-A and was finally in line to play regularly down the stretch in Baltimore. Instead he whiffed 14 times in 40 at-bats and probably won’t be back in the lineup until 2012.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)