Aug 17, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Davis was placed on the disabled list yesterday with a right shoulder injury that president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail described as “a small tear.” He’s scheduled to be examined Thursday by Dr. Lewis Yocum, which means season-ending surgery could be right around the corner.
It’s a tough break for Davis, who spent much of the past two seasons at Triple-A and was finally in line to play regularly down the stretch in Baltimore. Instead he whiffed 14 times in 40 at-bats and probably won’t be back in the lineup until 2012.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)