Aug 17, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Davis was placed on the disabled list yesterday with a right shoulder injury that president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail described as “a small tear.” He’s scheduled to be examined Thursday by Dr. Lewis Yocum, which means season-ending surgery could be right around the corner.
It’s a tough break for Davis, who spent much of the past two seasons at Triple-A and was finally in line to play regularly down the stretch in Baltimore. Instead he whiffed 14 times in 40 at-bats and probably won’t be back in the lineup until 2012.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)