Aug 17, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
Red Sox’ DH David Ortiz missed last night’s game with bursitis in his right heel. He’s going to need to be in a boot for a few days and tells WEEI’s Alex Speier that he expects to miss no more than a week.
In other news, the last time I heard someone complaining about bursitis, I was talking with my grandpa. Of course, this pales compared to David Wells’ gout a few years ago.
Up next: we need a ballplayer to get a good case of dropsy or something. I think they can cure all of these things with Smeckler’s Powder.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)