Aug 17, 2011, 12:31 PM EST
Red Sox’ DH David Ortiz missed last night’s game with bursitis in his right heel. He’s going to need to be in a boot for a few days and tells WEEI’s Alex Speier that he expects to miss no more than a week.
In other news, the last time I heard someone complaining about bursitis, I was talking with my grandpa. Of course, this pales compared to David Wells’ gout a few years ago.
Up next: we need a ballplayer to get a good case of dropsy or something. I think they can cure all of these things with Smeckler’s Powder.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)