Aug 17, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
Red Sox’ DH David Ortiz missed last night’s game with bursitis in his right heel. He’s going to need to be in a boot for a few days and tells WEEI’s Alex Speier that he expects to miss no more than a week.
In other news, the last time I heard someone complaining about bursitis, I was talking with my grandpa. Of course, this pales compared to David Wells’ gout a few years ago.
Up next: we need a ballplayer to get a good case of dropsy or something. I think they can cure all of these things with Smeckler’s Powder.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)