Aug 17, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
Red Sox’ DH David Ortiz missed last night’s game with bursitis in his right heel. He’s going to need to be in a boot for a few days and tells WEEI’s Alex Speier that he expects to miss no more than a week.
In other news, the last time I heard someone complaining about bursitis, I was talking with my grandpa. Of course, this pales compared to David Wells’ gout a few years ago.
Up next: we need a ballplayer to get a good case of dropsy or something. I think they can cure all of these things with Smeckler’s Powder.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)