Aug 17, 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
Red Sox’ DH David Ortiz missed last night’s game with bursitis in his right heel. He’s going to need to be in a boot for a few days and tells WEEI’s Alex Speier that he expects to miss no more than a week.
In other news, the last time I heard someone complaining about bursitis, I was talking with my grandpa. Of course, this pales compared to David Wells’ gout a few years ago.
Up next: we need a ballplayer to get a good case of dropsy or something. I think they can cure all of these things with Smeckler’s Powder.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 8
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 26
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 99
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (99)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)